I have had this idea for awhile to implement groups into BrewShuffle. I put it on the back burner because I felt the site needed a larger user base first. Last week I received an idea submitted via the contact form:
“How about a Brew Club page, which would make it easier to schedule local events & locate like-minded folks.”
from Hogeye Brewing Co.
I like this idea and implementing groups would basically encapsulate this. Groups would consist of:
- The ability for any user to create any group
- The ability to assign admins
- The ability to add news and comment on each news article
- Events that the members are attending would be listed under the group
- The home brew that members are sharing would be listed under the group
- Maybe a photo album similar to the brewer album.
This would be a lot of effort to code and would take a bit of time. So I would like to open it up to you guys first to hear your thoughts so I can try to make it work so everyone uses and enjoys the group feature.